Mediterranean Pinwheels are an easy-to-make and delicious appetizer. Serve them at home or take them to your next potluck party.
6 large tortillas (spinach or sun-dried tomato flavored preferred)
8 oz cream cheese
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
2 tbs fresh or pre-minced garlic
6 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped and oil reserved
10-12 oz frozen spinach, cooked, water squeezed out, and chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1. First make the cream cheese mixture: Add cream cheese, garlic, 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, 5-6 basil leaves, and 2 tbs oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend for 30 seconds, scrape down the sides and blend 10-15 more seconds or until completely combined. Set aside.
2. Set out 6 tortillas.
3. Assemble: On each tortilla, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture, chopped spinach, chopped sun-dried, 1 tsp parmesan cheese, and 1-2 tsp feta cheese. Make a line from end to end of the fresh basil leaves.
4. Starting from an outer edge parallel to the basil row, roll tightly while gently squeezing to keep the roll together. Repeat for all tortillas.
5. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into 1-inch pinwheels. Repeat for all tortillas.
6. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!