This nutritious spinach, sprout, and turkey bacon winter salad will delight the taste buds. It offers a nutrient-rich, fresh-tasting, crunchy option for lunch or dinner.
- 8 ounces of fresh Spinach Leaves
- 4 ounces of Bean Sprouts
- 1 can Water Chestnuts, sliced
- 2 grated hard-boiled Eggs
- 6 slices of baked Turkey Bacon, crumbled (follow the directions on the packaging)
(Makes enough dressing for two of these salad meals and keeps in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.)
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Honey (you can substitute Sugar in place of the Honey)
- 1 small grated Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash, drain, and break spinach into bite-size pieces.
- Add sliced water chestnuts and gently combine.
- Mix together and shake to combine all dressing ingredients in a separate container thoroughly.
- Toss the salad with half of the dressing, reserving the remainder of the salad dressing for another salad.
- Sprinkle two grated hard-boiled eggs, crumbled turkey bacon, and bean sprouts on top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe compliments of OPL Master Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer