Thanks to participating in McConnell’s Farm CSA (Consumer Supported Agriculture) last summer, I was able to successfully freeze a lot of fresh produce to use in these winter months. Using last year’s frozen vegetables, I tried this flavorful cheese and roasted crispy cauliflower and carrot recipe, with excellent results. It is delicious as a side dish or as a meal! Read our blog on McConnell’s Farm.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cauliflower and carrots. Drizzle the butter and olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, tossing gently.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly onto a 9 1/2 x 15-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and a little more grated parmesan cheese.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden and the cheese on the baking sheet is crispy.
- Remove to a platter, and sprinkle again with freshly grated parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe compliments of OPL Master Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer