Enjoy the delicious and healthy goodness of eggs, for dinner. Recharge after a long day with this colorful and vibrant veggie and egg wrap!
Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2-4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 11 package of Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 lemon
- Parmesan to taste
- Cheese of choice to taste
- Olive oil
- Whole wheat tortilla
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut Brussel sprouts in halves and place them on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then finish them off with shredded parmesan and the juice of half a lemon.
- Finely dice 1 bell pepper and 1 red onion, allow them to simmer in a pan with olive oil on low heat.
- Wash, peel, and shred two potatoes. Add the shredded potatoes to your simmering pepper and onion. Allow this to cook on a slightly higher heat for 15-20 minutes.
- In another pan, add your whisked eggs. Continue to stir until the eggs are just cooked then add your spinach and cheese.
- Once your hash browns are tender and crisp on the outside and your eggs are cooked prepare your tortilla for assembly.
- Add a layer on your potato mixture, eggs, cheese, avocado. Roll up your burrito and place it back in your skillet. Toast on each side for two minutes then serve with your Brussel sprouts!
Recipe compliments of Home Chef Sarah Biddle and OPL Community Member