Marinated Veggie Salad with Olives is an easy side dish to take to a picnic. It also looks great on a charcuterie board and makes an excellent appetizer. Store this vegetable salad in a Mason glass jar in your refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Servings: 4 – 6
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (apple cider vinegar works well also)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- One 14-ounce jar of quartered artichoke hearts water-packed, drained
- 1/2 cup assorted pitted olives
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper strips, water-packed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large glass 4-quart measuring bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, and bay leaves. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower, carrots, and celery; cook for one minute. Drain the vegetables and transfer them to a large bowl; add the vinegar mixture and combine.
- Add the quartered artichoke hearts, olives, roasted red bell pepper strips, oil, and capers. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 24 – 48 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves—season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe compliments of OPL Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer
Eating more fruits and vegetables is good for you and the planet. Find more delicious OPL-recommended plant-rich recipes here.