This super satisfying one dish recipe made of fresh carrots, sugar snap peas and tarragon cooked into a delightful spring vegetable skillet brightens any meal.
Servings: 6 servings
- 10 ounces of small carrots or 4 large carrots
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Peel carrots and cut off tops; cut in half lengthwise. For larger carrots, cut into quartered lengthwise strips.
- Place ¼ teaspoon salt in a large saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Add carrots and peas; cook 3 minutes or until crisp and tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and peas and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat. Stir in remaining ½ teaspoon salt, tarragon, and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in rind and juice.
Recipe compliments of OPL Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer