Nature Infused Water Recipes
Nature infused water tastes fresh and delicious and is a low calorie beverage. Simply add your special blend of fruits, herbs, berries, and vegetables to fresh water and let it infuse!
Makes 24-32 ounces of infused water.
Here are some of our favorite Infused Water blends.
Begin with the following;
- 24 – 32 ounces Ball jar, glass pitcher or bottle
- 24 – 32 ounces of filtered water (or mineral water)
Try these three infused water blends:
Lemon, Cucumber, and Thai Basil
- 2 fresh lemon slices
- 5 fresh unpeeled mini cucumbers slices
- 2 – 3 large sprig of fresh Thai Basil leaves (optional)
Orange, Blueberry, and Spearmint
- 3 fresh orange slices
- 2 large tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 2 – 3 sprigs of fresh spearmint
- 1/2 cup fresh red or black raspberries or a combination of both
- 2 – 3 sprigs fresh mint (or you can substitute with apple, pineapple, peppermint, lavender, or chocolate)
- 2 fresh Lemon or Lime slices
*Diva water was named after my neighbor’s English bulldog, Diva. She loved this water as much as I do!
- Add fruit, herbs, berries, and vegetables to the fresh water in your selected pitcher or jar.
- Let the flavors infuse for 1-4 hours. The longer you let the water infuse, the stronger the taste will be.
- Serve over ice with a fresh sprig of mint and garnish with sliced fruit on the rim of the glass.
- Refrigerated infused water is best enjoyed drinking within 24 hours.
- Discard herbs and fruit after 24 hours.
Recipe compliments of OPL Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer
Eating more fruits and vegetables is good for you and the planet. Find more delicious OPL-recommended plant-rich recipes here.