Cacio e Pepe Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower
Thanks to participating in McConnell’s Farm CSA (Consumer Supported Agriculture) last summer, I was able to successfully freeze a lot of fresh produce to use in these winter months. Using last year’s frozen vegetables, I tried this flavorful cheese and roasted crispy cauliflower and carrot recipe, with excellent results. It is delicious as a side dish or as a meal!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cauliflower and carrots. Drizzle the butter and olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, tossing gently.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly onto a 9 1/2 x 15-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and a little more grated parmesan cheese.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden and the cheese on the baking sheet is crispy.
- Remove to a platter, and sprinkle again with freshly grated parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe compliments of OPL Master Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer
Eating more fruits and vegetables is good for you and the planet. Find more delicious OPL-recommended plant-rich recipes here.