Spring Vegetable Skillet
This super satisfying one dish recipe made of fresh carrots, sugar snap peas and tarragon cooked into a delightful spring vegetable skillet brightens any meal.
Servings: 6 servings
- 10 ounces of small carrots or 4 large carrots
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Peel carrots and cut off tops; cut in half lengthwise. For larger carrots, cut into quartered lengthwise strips.
- Place ¼ teaspoon salt in a large saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Add carrots and peas; cook 3 minutes or until crisp and tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and peas and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat. Stir in remaining ½ teaspoon salt, tarragon, and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in rind and juice.
Recipe compliments of OPL Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer
Eating more fruits and vegetables is good for you and the planet. Find more delicious OPL-recommended plant-rich recipes here.