This nutritious spinach, sprout, and turkey bacon winter salad will delight the taste buds. It offers a nutrient-rich, fresh-tasting, crunchy option for lunch or dinner.
- 8 ounces of fresh Spinach Leaves
- 4 ounces of Bean Sprouts
- 1 can Water Chestnuts, sliced
- 2 grated hard-boiled Eggs
- 6 slices of baked Turkey Bacon, crumbled (follow the directions on the packaging)
(Makes enough dressing for two of these salad meals and keeps in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.)
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Honey (you can substitute Sugar in place of the Honey)
- 1 small grated Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash, drain, and break spinach into bite-size pieces.
- Add sliced water chestnuts and gently combine.
- Mix together and shake to combine all dressing ingredients in a separate container thoroughly.
- Toss the salad with half of the dressing, reserving the remainder of the salad dressing for another salad.
- Sprinkle two grated hard-boiled eggs, crumbled turkey bacon, and bean sprouts on top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe compliments of OPL Master Naturalist and Home Chef Yvonne Dwyer
Eating more fruits and vegetables is good for you and the planet. Find more delicious OPL-recommended plant-rich recipes here.